Sunday 15 December 2013

Ending 2013 in Style

Happy holidays everyone! People here are starting to close up shop for the year to head home and enjoy time with friends and family- myself included! This Friday I will be on a plane home ready for some Christmas cheer. 

It's been a long couple weeks (hence no post). This thing called work got in the way of my social life, but I truly learned more than I could have imagined in two weeks. So career wise it was worth it. 

Since my FPSO trip, I have managed to gone to a Thanksgiving party where the camp flew in turkeys from France. I have celebrated St. Andrews day and read Scottish poetry with a red wig as initiation. I have did a aqua/run race, brewed beer, played a little tennis, and gone to the Lekki market multiple times trying to buy the perfect xmas gifts (it's tough). I've even been dog sitting a Rhodesian Ridgeback, Lekker ( means it's all good in South African).

This weekend has been extremely eventful. After the Fat Boy run, we stopped by "the pub" aka Marion and Steve's house for some chili and wine. Next stop was Karen's for a working ladies party at Karens. Then Kelsie and I found our way back to the pub to listen to records till the wee hours of the night. 







Needless to say, I was exhausted come Saturday. But I was up and at em' getting my final goods at the market. I must be getting better at the Nigerian thing, because after someone tried to sell me a broken thing I shamed him into carrying my stuff and getting the prices I want ( big thanks to the months of training from Idowu). We then hurried home to get cooking for beer klub. Chips (homemade), guac, quesidillas, brownies, and a cooler full of beer later, we made it to abandoned house one for our escapades. We tried beer from all over the world and some good ol' home brews curtsey of Kelsie. Yes, we toasted each time and had a total riot. Burgers were grilled up as well, which was a real treat at any time in Nigeria, let alone after a whole lot of drinking. The sceeters came out, and we managed to make our way to Andy's for some darts and more drinks ( of course). It was a wonderful way to end our time here in 2013, especially after a few brutal weeks at work. 





Now it's time for some R&R. This time next week I'll be posting pictures of snow  which is quite a treat after living in Cali and now Nigeria. 

Until next time-Kate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment