Sunday 24 November 2013

Pacific to Atlantic

After spending the last year on the Pacific Coast, I am now getting use to life on the Atlantic. I took this to new extremes as I spent the night on one of our FPSO's for work one night this week. 

Now I won't get into the nitty gritty of my work, but I must say that spending the night on a platform has never been more enlightening. Getting a tour of how we actually get oil out of the ground was absolutely mind blowing. The engineering and complex systems that our the core of our business is far beyond anything I could have imagined. I already found the industry I worked in dynamic and interesting- and not to nerd out on y'all- but I am more intrigued and motivated then ever to continue to learn about our business. 

Enough work though- this weekend has been my first quite weekend since I've been here. Due to work I had to skip out on my Idanre trip, and instead I spent a weekend just hanging at my house. It's been brilliant! Nothing but a little cooking, working out and resting. All and all dull but exactly what I needed. 

The next couple weeks should be heavy with work stuff as we wrap up the end of the year. I have Thanksgiving, a aqua/run race and St. Andrews night next week and then it's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment