Tuesday 14 January 2014

Back in Action

Happy 2014 everyone! What a whirlwind this year has been already. I made my way back from my few weeks home Sunday, January 5th and it's been non stop ever since. 

By the time I was back in my house Sunday night it was time for bed. Jet lag soon ensued and Kelsie and I found myself up and doing the Insanity videos at 5 am in the morning. What could have been a one day fluke is now part of our daily routine. I'm hoping to see results in a couple weeks, so we'll see. 

Monday night ended up being an impromptu dinner party with Andy, Nick and Kelsie as an informal catch up session. Next thing you know we have another one to make Kelsie's famous galumpkis on Wednesday. Thursday we managed to make it off camp for Thai food and a small celebration for Andy's final days on camp before he heads off to his next assignment in Iraq. By Friday we were beat, but we still made it to the Fatboy run and watched the Hobbit afterwards.


There was no rest for the weary, Saturday we were up bright and early for a trip to the grocery store. Andy had a big going away party at the Managing Director's house, so we promised to make bruschetta. Once we got back and cooked up a storm, we played a little tennis and headed off to the party. Kelsie and I called it an earlish night, because Sunday a group of 15 of us had plans for the beach.



The beach lived up to all expectations. We brought everything humanly possible for a good time, and a lot of food, booze, cards and throwing around a football was a perfect way to pass the day. Swimming is limited because rip tides are awful here, so it's better to avoid. 





The day ended with the car catching on fire on the way back, and us being stranded on the side of the road getting a ride back in the police car. What can I say, that's a pretty standard Sunday in Nigeria- nothing ever goes exactly as planned ;)

By the next Monday I was dragging from all the activities. I mustered up just enough energy to go to the camp's music quiz night. Thankfully we had today off (Muslim holiday- The Prophet Muhammed's birthday). So a lazy day of reading, lounging by the pool and doing nothing has finally given me the break I needed to rejuvenate and fully adjust to being back in Lagos. 

Lata Sk8a- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment