Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day from Nigeria! I hope you had a night full of good food, beverages and laughs with your loved one. I started mine off at work with small chops. It's comparable to when American's bring donuts in for a breakfast treat except fried. 


After work I spent my evening on my standard (yet always a blast) fatboy run. Six miles, suya and a few beers may not add up to romantic, but it certainly was entertaining. And go figure the beach was packed! Everyone in red shirts and pants and they even had the mini ferris wheel going. Now I should clarify that we sit next to this ferris wheel every week and had no idea it's purpose until this week, so that should give you an indication of what is looks like. But the truly amazing part is that they had one guy using his body to make the entire thing turn! I guess when you don't have electricity your options are limited.
Michelle B in his Valentines outfit
 
The Ferris Wheel in action

No big plans for this weekend except for a trip to the market to shop and Lagoon restaurant for hooka afterwards. Just need to keep getting out and about and experiencing everything before I leave, which is right around the corner! I must admit, I'm counting down till vacation. :)

Keep on' keepin' on- Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment